Eye Examination by a boarded ACVO Ophthalmologist- minimum age 24 months, recommend every other year until age 7
- Results registered with OFA - OR
- Results registered with CERF
Health Elective (One of the following tests)
- OFA Cardiac evaluation with exam by cardiologist
- Participation in the OFA/Chic DNA Repository (Blood Sample Required)
- OFA Thyroid evaluation from an approved laboratory - recommend every other year until age 7
Visit the official club website
The SSCA Board of Governers has approved adding the DNA based DCM test results to the list of CHIC requirements. This change will be effective on Sept 1, 2015. After that date, dogs must have DCM test results on file in order to qualify for CHIC.
*Note – In addition to the breed specific requirements above, a CHIC requirement across all participating breeds is that the dog must be permanently identified via microchip or tattoo in order to qualify for a CHIC number.
All OFA Applications are available at http://www.offa.org/applications.html. Applications may be filled out online.